Are you ready to bend over backwards for
XL Travel Namibia Clients?
MINIMUM SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
* If you’re a balanced, self-motivated people-person with an inquisitive mind and think that you may have what it takes to be an XL Travel Dream Team Namibia Travel Consultant, have
travelled beyond the borders of Namibia (preferably Internationally) then you may apply.
* Having completed some form of Tertiary Education may be to your advantage.
* National Diploma in Tourism -(N4 -N6) or Equivalent Tourism Diploma obtained from a recognized Travel Industry Educational Institute OR Minimum 12 months working experience
in a similar position may be to your advantage.
* Microsoft Computer Literate - Word/Excel/Outlook
* GDS Certificate or Tour Planner or Equivalent Software Platform in addition to above qualifications may be an advantage
* Fluent in English & Afrikaans - must have good writing skills & must speak both languages fluently. German as a 3rd language will be an advantage
* Must be a Namibian Citizen or Permanent Resident in Namibia
* Basic Knowledge of World Map, Geography, World Events and Basic Mathematical Skills is also required in addition to the above.
In addition the above minimum qualifications you must be
* Making our clients’ travel dreams come true requires great relationship skills and attention to detail.
* Well Organized and be able to work accurately under pressure
* Detail Orientated, Courteous & Friendly and have Good Inter-Personal Skills
* Reliable, Consistent, Trustworthy and Honest
* Highly Self- Motivated
* Well-Groomed, Take Pride in your work and your appearance
* Sales and Target Driven
* Client Satisfaction Orientated
Minimum Day to Day Responsibilities
Working as an Apprentice under the Guidance and Mentorship of Experienced Travel Sales Consultants
Learning to Assist clients in finding travel deals that suit their needs and adding value
Being Helpful and learning to provide good advice in a calm, pleasant and un-rushed manner
Learning to Process business travel for corporate customers.
Learning to Aid clients with travel reservations, and calculating the cost of travel
Book Domestic and international reservations for air travel, rail tickets, hotels, car rental, shuttles, travel insurance, packages and other miscellaneous travel-related bookings under the Guidance
and mentorship of Experienced Travel Sales Consultants
Learning to Secure new client sales and retention of existing clients, through customer service, ensuring repeat business.
Learning to Manage bookings in your GDS and other booking tools, maintain quality control and accuracy of bookings
Learning to Stay educated on supplier information, industry trends and airline rules & regulations
Keeping up to to date with existing and new technology used in the office.
Keeping up with current affairs and increasing your geographical knowledge of the world and new product offerings and destinations.
Learning how to advise and assist customers with visa, health and country information.
Learning how to provide detailed itineraries and documentation and ensuring the accuracy of these
Collect payments and ensuring that the admin and accounting involved in finalising a reservation are accurately recorded in a timely fashion.
Doing everything you can to ensure Beyond Ordinary Customer Satisfaction.
Being a Team Player by being supportive of all team members and embracing all company Standards of Excellence and Company Procedures and Policies.
THIS POSITION is an Office bound, Full Day position. It is Sales & Target Driven position. Market-Related Remuneration depending on your experience, Other benefits may include, Medical Aid, Pension Scheme, Uniform Allowance, Educational Travel, Annual, Educational Leave. XL and Supplier-driven incentives as well as Flexible Working Hours as part of Incentive Benefits.